The critical feature that differentiates Wick from all other Discord Bots is its Anti-Nuke system. It is a monitoring system with the objective to observe and note any changes (spontaneous or planned) that take place in your server. Some of the key observation markers are:
- Channels/Roles creation and deletion
- Webhooks creation and deletion
It covers everything that can destroy your server! It is a system made to counter any rogue admins or other key members that may have the power to make changes in the server.
To allow the system to hold its integrity, Wick also notes any attempts to bypass the Anti-Nuke system. It will strip off the power of a rogue Admin/Bot or Member and notify the owners immediately. One of these Attempts would be:
- Nuke Attempts: Wick will add any user tries to do something stupid to Quarantine. People with dangerous permissions/rogue admins.
- Bypassing Quarantine: Any bypass/freeing attempts without proper permissions will result in the user being Quarantined.
- Adding dangerous permissions to the Quarantine role: Adding dangerous permissions to the Quarantine role will result in the user being Quarantined.
- Adding dangerous permission to ANY role: Adding dangerous permissions to a role will result in the user being Quarantined.
- Attempts to change the Vanity URL will also result in the user being Quarantined.
- And more things to descover!
A complex and efficient system known as panic mode allows Wick to fend off rapid mass nukes that may be done through scripts or specialized bots.
As soon as Wick notes a nuke attempt, it locks down the server and starts making amendments in the background. Only the owner and Wick will have complete authority in the server.
During a lockdown, Wick will also simultaneously deploy a miniWick that retrieves the server info before the nuke trigger. It takes time to find all the parties responsible that caused the nuke. This miniWick is separate from the Wick bot so it never burdens the Wick's resources. The bot is perfectly isolated from the miniWick so even if there are hundreds of nukes, Wick wouldn't suffer at all.
Once the causes are understood and fixed up, Wick will load the latest snippet of your server saved! This "loading up" is basically the Restore System.
Restore System counts on two scenarios.
If Imaging (Backups) is enabled: Wick will save a backup/snippet (Image) of your server at regular intervals of time. The backup consists of everything except messages and role assignments. All the emojis are also stored. When a nuke occurs, Wick will load the latest backup corresponding to your server. Anything that does not match the image will be removed and all deletions that took place in that short span of time will be reverted back. It reverts the server back to normal, trying to cause as little damage as possible.
If Imaging (Backups) is disabled: Wick will try to use its memory and Discord to restore the server back to the original. It is a finicky process and lacks a lot of information and the server may not be restored properly.
Auto Moderator (Heat System)
The basic idea behind countering raids and spams are setting limits on the number of messages sent, images sent, etc in a short span of time. Wick uses a measure of its own known as Heat. Its an adaptive algorithm that adjusts to the user's current actions and scales properly with an increase in members and their activity. Wick also uses hidden filters to analyse messages and one's behavior in channels. All of these factors contribute to the total heat which diminishes over time, allowing regulars to not get silenced wrongfully. An analogy to the Wick heat system is a machine gun, fire too much and it gets hot, leave it for a while and it cools down.
The system is completely message based. Webhooks are also included and treated a bit more harshly.
The heat system rarely generates false positives, unlike conventional methods. Regular members will be absolutely fine while chatting but the disturbances will be silenced.
Heat System Factors
- Normal Message: Every message, no matter how harmless, contributes to the heat system.
- Message Repetition: Spamming the same message or a one resembling the previous is taken into account as a bad move.
- Suspicion: Wick bases this off some hidden factors that help the system decide
- Advertisement: This alerts the heat system unaffected by the server setting. By default, it generates maximum heat and may lead to an instant timeout/kick/ban.
- NSFW Websites: Treated the same way as advertisements.
- Malicious Websites: Similar treatment as the above two, these websites include ones that have IP-Grabbers, Key loggers, and so on embedded in them.
- Emojis: Emojis play a major role in heat contribution. Each emote will add a certain heat.
- Characters: Characters collectively form a message, they contribute minuscule amounts of heat
- New Lines: Works well against huge messages a.k.a Walls of text.
- Inactivity: Works well in channels that face minimal activity. Prevents users from flooding the channel by spamming at regular and comfortable intervals of time.
- Mentions: Mentions are very valuable in the heat system and play a significant role. 🥚 The type of mention also affects the heat (@everyone mentions are seriously accounted for).
- Attachments: This filter prevents bot embeds or user spams filled with images, links, etc.
- Words Blacklist: Blacklisted words has a role generating the heat as well.
- Links Blacklist
[New]: Now, blacklisted links is a thing where it result with an instant punishment. Not the same as Attachments filter!
- Hidden Factors: These are some important factors that we consider valuable in assessing suspicious individuals.
The Auto Timeouts option can be used to set up the timeout timings for the first and the last violations. The last violation is when a user reaches the cap.
The picture above describes the settings. Based on the settings, A user will be timeouted for 1 day whenever they commit a violation until they reach the cap strike. On reaching it, they would be timeouted for a set amount of time as per the user's desires, here is 14 days.
If the CAP is set to a very short time, raiders may just wait it out and continue with their disturbing activities Wick has another solution to that known as Multiplier.
It's a filter that makes the punishment harsher every time. If you violate the rules right after your timeout ends, It will timeout you for longer. The longer period will become the standard value. If a user proceeds to do it again, the Multiplier will now use the extended new value to again increase the punishment time.
if we tell Wick to timeout for only 1 minute per violation and 11 minutes per the cap:
- User spams at Wick will timeout the User for 1 minute
- Timeout ends at
- User spams at 00:01 Wick will timeout the User for 1 minute
- Timeout ends at
- User spams at Wick will timeout the User for 11 minutes + purge the messages
- Timeout ends at
- User spams at Wick will timeout the User for 22 minutes!
- Timeout ends and the User spams again at Wick will timeout the User for 44 minutes
- And so on...
Heat Panic Mode
The heat system, just like the anti-nuke, has a panic mode. It is specifically targeted at raiders. It requires a set number of raiders to trigger it. Once triggered, any raider that sends any message during the panic mode will be timeouted. .
Here, if 3 raiders do some violations under a specific period, Wick will start a panic mode for about 10 minutes where it will instantly timeout any raider sending any message, harmful or not. Regular members are never touched by this mode. The normal heat system however will still function with them.
Based of the lockdown, Wick comes with a new feature to prevent more damage caused by ping raids. It locks all channels when a specific number of mentions made by non-whitelisted members under a certain period of time.
The settings above tells Wick to lockdown server channels if 50 mentions made under 30 seconds.
The heat filters comprise of very basic to some complex tools of security. Each filter, if triggered will generate a certain amount of heat. If it reaches its peak, Wick takes action. Each filter has its own heat percentage and its own action set if its the triggering feature.
Raiding is a common occurrence on discord and it has led to some quick temporary solutions such as kicking new accounts joining the server. This may lead to temporary relief but it also leads to a loss of genuine new members as well. Even discord advises against such methodologies.
Wick comes with an advanced verification system with multiple Modes that scales with different types of servers. Big servers, NFT/Crypto server...
The verification system comes with options that can be customized according to the server and the desires of its admins. It can be set up to target everyone or suspicious accounts only, It can be set to be a Captcha, web verification or even an instant verification.
Each and every setting can be personalized. As for the values, the verification system scales to the user's input settings.
You should use the verification system if you want to eliminate raid accounts and allow genuine ones in!
Wick never asks you to scan a QR code to access a specific server.
Wick has an on-join security system that consists of multiple filters to check any matches. It acts as a firewall and decides upon what to allow and what to take action on according to admin preferences. You can basically timeout, kick or ban the following:
- Accounts with No Avatars: This will enable Wick to deal with any accounts that do not have a profile picture. It is a common occurrence for raiding bots and spammers.
- New Accounts: Allows Wick to take action against new accounts. The age required to join can be set up by the admins. It allows them to decide on how old an account should be before joining their community.
- Bot Additions: You can explicitly tell Wick to take action on any bots being added to your server by unauthorized people. Only certain people are able to add bots. This feature allows Wick to deal with the most severe raiding and nuking tools.
- Unverified Bot Filter: You can also tell Wick to take action on bots that are not verified by Discord.
- Advertising Accounts: Takes action on any accounts with discord invites in them. Each filter can be enabled/disabled. Actions can be set up independently of each other. It allows each user to customize the JoinGate to their preferences.
- Username filter
[New]: You can now have Wick target accounts with specific usernames that fall under your requirements.
We really really recommend the Bot Addition Filter to all server owners.
A sudden increase in the number of accounts joining a server is mostly a sign that a raid is about to take place. JoinRaid is meant to counter this. It’ll keep a record of joins in the past
X hours and will keep running every new join through all enabled algorithms . Once triggered, it’ll ping the warn roles and will start punishing any new join that gets flagged by the algorithms (and those that contributed to the trigger). The joinraid will always run regardless of joingate as well.
The admins will receive a full log is posted in your server with a link leading to Wick’s website that displays the full list of accounts caught.